9:00 am – 10:15 pm
Geoff’s Defense (9:30 am – 11:00 am)
- see post
- short follow-up discussion with BB and GN
- Travel reimbursements
- write to XZ about LM travel schedule (done)
- Built new composite data structure (allData.matb) to avoid mixed data sets and crazy indexing.
- some manual field alignment: print elements to Excel, ID missing fields, annotate back in by hand.
- built new domainData2 structure which has the library number and positions (just positions was getting very confusing)
- Completed assembly of Supplemental Figure on Intact Domain Histograms
Extended data Figure revisions (3pm – 5pm)
- renumbering extended data figures in Main text, figures, and figure captions.
- Writing new extended data figure captions.
New Extended Data Figure 8:
- wrote generic bootstrapping function to compute confidence intervals.
- set confidence intervals to 78% for errorbars, So probability two data points with confidence intervals that just overlap are not different ~.22^2 = 0.05.
- alternatively could do the traditional SEM and the error bars would be smaller still.
Still to do
- Write cover letter
- Write description of domain selection
- color connecting bars in Fig E6
- print multiple versions of green/magenta/white contrast for Fig 2 and 3
- combine probe fasta tables and update probe names with new conventions
- Jeff will send script on new probe design for human genome
- Try building a matlab class to handle library design?