10:00 A – 7:00P, 9:00P-10:00P
- hp psc1200 printer not printing color correctly.
- lab meeting (notes)
- journal club (notes)
- Insight 1: enhancer switching between obstructed and unobstructed case is the bursting model with different tx rates from ‘off’ and ‘on’ promoter states. (and non-exponential waiting times).
- No decay -> law of large numbers is just going to send the variance to zero.
- Fast switching also just going to get the law of large numbers average of the obstructed and unobstructed states
- Insight 2: can’t just look at raw CoV as a function of A — the effect of low TF on noise washes out the effect of the promoter architecture. Should look at fold change for each value of A.
- changed ModelMoments to return functions
- Running DaoSTORM Analysis on Monet of Ph-FLAG (11 movies).
- Analysis competing with copy (previously copied from Temp1 to Temp2, not to Alistair10).
Chromatin OligoPaint probes
- planning experiments for oligo-paint probes
- GREEN and YELLOW probe labels SWITCHED in my order form Brian’s library. Must check and correct
- Ordered primers
**Thoughts on next primer-probe design*
- try less overhang on tertiary (2 bp? no bp? get that 405 closer).
- make secondary longer — 32 bp homology + space in-between, allows homology of PPT primary which may lose some bases.
Serious system failure
- MATLAB crashed, 5PM.
- won’t re-launch.
- closed additional version of matlab running STORM analysis
- Matlab still won’t re-launch
- Attempting to remote desktop to Tuck or Cajal to use their Matlab
- Remote Desktop won’t connect.
- Saving processes, aborting all analysis, restarting computer.
- Restarted copying data
- Restarted analysis. Picked up at frame ~1000, I thought it was closer to 30,000, but maybe that was the molecule number. Vaguely worried it might be double counting / not resuming analysis correctly….
- Matlab goes java lang error beserk (both versions, running analytical manipulation of matrices and running spotfinding). Closed both