10:30 A – 8:30P, 9:30P – 11:45P
- collect virgins: Df/CyO,esc, 2x mat-tub Gal4.
- collect males: esc/Sp.
- cross (1 new bottle) esc/Sp x Df/CyO,esc
- (should have used Gla, will need to screen Sp for all flies that go into collection cage)
- Cleared sim[D] and Espl[D], collect one more round of virgins for one more round of backcross screening. Should have decided this earlier, bottles are mostly past it.
- Calibrate STORM2 setup
- STORM imaging of BX-C cy5 single label. 100,00 + frames, no activator 405 required.
- choosing cells to continue imaging O/N. — slide slipped, positions lost. Restarted steve.
- 8P, O/N imaging up and running of BX-C complexes. still mostly switching for 100,000 frames without activator
- debugged GPU code, now runs through STORMfinder
- multifit with overlap up to 5 causes inevitable crash for all size movies.
- multifit with 2 works well and fast.
- multifitter finds too many molecules to keep in memory (>15 GB by frame 9000 of HP1). Need to write molecules straight to disk, not save all in memory. Should also convert molecules to singles (should double the memory available). — This is already handled by GPUmulti.
- found bug in call of GPU multi, was analyzing progressively larger daxfiles from start instead of analyzing in chunks. Now fixed. solves memory handling things too.
- GPU multifit currently running about 4,000 frames / sec ~11,000 molecules. (+30 seconds of load time for dax file and send to GPU, should definetely increase batch size).