- setup RNase digestions
- fixed cells (probably too late for these guys, actually started Tuesday night).
- would be useful to do by batch in matlab rather than manually
- looking up existing matlab functions for getting gene sequences etc.
getgenbankreturns over a quarter million features when called on Drosophila abd-B. (32 Mb of sequences mapping to unassembled parts of the chromosome). actually it’s all of Chr3R, starting from heterochromatic bases
- need to use the nucleotide search option in genbank, search for gene name and melanogaster, select transcript, get accession number of that.
- exploring Jeff’s DesignPrimers wrapper for primer3.
- installed primer3 (best to get the windows binary version)
- Completely awesome (as expected). Could use a Tm choice feature?
- primers designed for
- ordered BG3-cl2 cells
- ordered NEB sequencing kit (to replace elements I’ll use from JM/SW stocks)
- ordered primer plate (all Fwd primers, then all rev primers)
- set up new RNAi experiments
- design primers