9:00 am – 7:15 pm
- lab meeting (see notes)
embryo staining & imaging
- stained BX-C locus with Bit 1 (9:00 am)
- rinsed out stain
- broke coverslip 1 after it detached from the plastic petri dish before the the nail polish set (2 minutes was not enough)
- started staining slide 2, 2:00 pm
- testing stage
- no staining (at least not near as good a last time with the 15 kb probes).
- stained with bits 1-15 minus 3, (was going to have 3 as a cy3 control). This gives substantial nuclear background and potential faint spots.
- maybe try more stringent wash conditions
- ordered a cy3 primary (this will help troubleshoot both the probe making and the primary staining).
- started prep of 2 new coverslips
- ran through complete coverslip prep protocol, including Triton, LN2, Hcl and RNase. now in 50% formamide 2x SCC at 4C.
- steve doesn’t work: hal doesn’t save files in the correct directory with the correct name.
- hal doesn’t save position in in the inf file. This makes tracking / returning to position quite difficult. Can use steve to record stage position.
- got quotes from GE for lasers. started new Microscope building project folder
- started excel doc to project costs. should contact Hazen.