8:45 am – 4:30 pm, 10:30 pm – 11:30 pm
Chromatin project planning
- discuss multicolor and sequential coding schemes to incorporate with STORM tracing
- copied some data sets of polymer simulations in various compacted states for Bogdan to test algorithm
- working on figures
- started new figure script to pick out example regions for multicolor
- wrote new figure function to control plotting of 2 color 3D regions
9:30 am — 4:50 pm, 9:30 pm – 1:15 am
- lab meeting 10-12:15 pm, see notes
- journal club 12:15 – 1:00 pm see notes
- project 2 team meeting, 3:00 pm ? – ?
project 2 to do
Chromatin analysis to do:
- Density as a function of size
- Volume as a function of size
- standard error of mean ?
- bootstrapping for uncertainty of the median.
Guisheng: Nature, Auditory corollary discharge
- different cortical regions interact strongly (e.g. motor cortex talks to other cortexes)
- this is called “corollary discharge”.
- auditory cortical excitatory connections are suppressed during movement.
- apparent anticiaption of movement? — supression starts before and extends just past movement phase by ~1s on either side.
- excitability by external stimuli is reduced during movement
- inhibitory activity increases during movement (local effects)
- stimulating axons from motor cortex that innervate auditory cortex results in repression of auditory cortex.
- locomotion in absence of motor-cortex activity does not suppress auditory function.