Solar cell construction
- atomic layer deposition of SnS (photon absorbing layer).
- add Sn-X, binds surface, add S2H, replaces X with S. Rpt to make 1500 nm layer
- Zn(O,S) layer — combination very sensitive effect on solar cell efficiency.
- Stats: Voc (v) .22 Jsc (mA/cm^2) 20.3. F 47%
- use existing software to build a model (~100 parameters, most can be measured)
- how do you chose the best guess parameters — (how does the degree of freedom reflect relate to the dimensionality of the data).
- conduction band offset choice:
- large offset impedes photocurrent
- small offset can’t generate substantial voltage difference.
- small (or negative) offset allows the holes to fill, resulting in further loss of photocurrent.
- unknown what is a best guess minority carrier diffusion length. Important parameter in determining optimal thickness of SnS.
This entry was posted in Seminars
and tagged chemistry
. Bookmark the permalink