8:30A – 10:30P
- Flip collection plate 8:30A
- Fixing embryos 10:30A. (20 min 8% FA reaction)
- O/N confocal runs — 700 at speed 4 still running. 5 not quite as clean.
- copy data.
- Make new fly plates (~4 tubes of plates).
- working on Fig 1 layout for new version of bistability ms.
- finish DFISH staining for DFISH second. Imaging these wells on STORM2
- Align back-optics
- bead imaging (just 3D calibration. need to take chromatic beads tomorrow). Should shoot another set of 3D beads with new, less dense bead slide.
- Need to check laser powers! started imaging with too low laser power the K9me2. Should repeat tomorrow
- make fresh 10% APS solution
- denaturing gel cast 1: polymerizes immediately upon addition of APS.
- Gel 2 cooled down to RT. Too much H2O evaporated, (should cover with parafilm to minimize evaporation). Urea crashed out of solution.
- Re-supended urea with gently heating. Added 1/2 x APS.
- however not enough gel to fill up to comb left. Gel fully polymerized within 1 min of pouring into cast.
- Resuspending concentrated probe. Will run out on new gel tomorrow.