10:00A – 7:00P, 8:30P-10:30P
- Revised Banff Invites letter sent to co-organizers
- write to van Steensel about R code
- Review/referee article
- read clean through manuscript
- wrote up all critiques.
- To do: write up manuscript strengths and contributions to field.
Embryo section staining
- No staining. Replace reagents in all coplin jars.
- Cancel STORM2 scope time.
- Try staining satellite regions in a fresh section of embryos.
- Screening coverglass sections with DAPI for good flat embryos.
- DAPI stain not too strong in many embryos. Maybe there is partial degredation of DNA (even at -20C in 1 month?).
- attempting to make 92C waterbath out of heat block and water. Does not work — constant temperature set not at all a constant water temp, was at 80 with plate set at 420 C
- No 92C pre-denature
- 60C 25 min
- minimal cooling gap. Add probe to slide, drop coverglass on, seal
- 94C heat-block 2.5 min denature
- 37C O/N incubation
- Clean up and downsize bottle stocks